Sunday, 23 November 2014

DIY Cornflour Dough Recipe & Tutorial


Recently I made some decorations using salt dough. You can read about them in my post “Salt Dough Handprint Christmas Ornament Tutorial”. I ended up painting the salt dough white after they had been cooked.

 

Since making them I have discovered a recipe that makes a whiter dough. It is made from cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and water (all ingredients I had at home – yay!) When cooked it has a shimmer to it which looks quite Christmassy so I am going to leave these decorations unpainted.

 

Cornflour Dough Recipe:

1.5 cups of water

2 cups of bicarbonate of soda

1 cup of cornflour.

 

I have created a video tutorial to show how to make the dough.


This dough can be wrapped in a damp cloth and stored in the fridge in a ziplock bag. I am hoping to create some Christmas decorations and maybe some gift tags next week. I will write a blog post to show you what I end up making. 






2 comments:

  1. Hey Anna
    Thanks for sending in your video post for the BritMums Video Round-up for December!
    It will be published on BritMums.com this week - look out for it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...