Monday, 9 March 2015

Activities for babies: Scarves in a box

A few weeks ago I ordered some scarves from Amazon because Sophie really loved them at our Baby Sensory sessions. Other than wave them at her, I wasn’t really sure what else to do with them though. So when Ali from a ‘Mum in a Nutshell’ linked up her treasure basket post my problem was solved. She suggested putting ribbons and fabric into a box and letting your child pull them out (to avoid them emptying the pack of baby wipes!).

Here is what we did:

1. I put the scarves into an empty tissue box  //  2. Sophie wasn't quite sure what to do at first  //  3. I showed her what to do and she had a go  //  4. Once she got going there was no stopping her!




This kept Sophie entertained for ages and we have played with it lots of times since. As with everything Sophie gets hold of, she put the scarves in her mouth. She soon decided that she didn’t like the feel of them, made a disgusted face and spat it out!




Sophie also enjoyed it when I held the scarves up high and let go of them or if I waved them around to create a breeze. I think she concentrated so much that she exhausted herself because she fell asleep on the play mat (unless she was just trying to tell me she was bored!).


Have you recycled any everyday objects to create fun activities?

6 comments:

  1. We like playing with coloured scarves too but it's a nice idea to put them in a tissue box. Babies love to remove wipes from the packet so they'll be sure to love this too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple activity, but one that will keep the little ones happy for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea, Amelia would love something like this even now she still loves pulling wipes out at 18months lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww looks like she loved it! We used lots of everyday objects as toys when Monkey was a baba so much fun to be had with simple things :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww looks like she loved it! We used lots of everyday objects as toys when Monkey was a baba so much fun to be had with simple things :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a lovely idea, looks like Sophie really enjoyed it too. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...